Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 2014 15:03:05 -0400
From:      Matthew Pounsett <matt@conundrum.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setting up SIGNATURE_TYPE: PUBKEY in a custom repository

I=92m setting up a local package repository using PGP signatures for =
verification.  The man page for pkg.conf says that the option =93PUBKEY=94=
 (for setting the path to the public key) is deprecated, but fails to =
mention what the new method for managing this is.   I=92ve tried =
googling about this, but all I find is people still having problems with =
PACKAGESITE in the default pkg.conf (still think it=92s amusing that pkg =
installs a default config file it can=92t use).

pkg seems to accept SIGNATURE_TYPE: PUBKEY, and a PUBKEY path, but it is =
not actually doing any signature verification.  I can test this by =
deleting the public key from the client machine where this config =
resides, and pkg produces no errors.

Can anyone point me to real (current) documentation for setting this up?

Thanks!=