Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2002 07:48:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Peter Gatsoulis <kjerstes@yahoo.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh -X forwarding fails

Hi Thanx for responding

I guess i should explain just a bit further.
I have the remote X working fine if I ssh -X from
inside my local FBSD X desktop to the remote FBSD
system.

But I didn't want to just run individual X apps

what I wanted to do was start the whole X desktop on
my system but it'd really be the remote desktop I was
seeing..
Is this possible w/ the "startx" or "startx
-listen_tcp" commands?

I now am setting the DISPLAY variables correctly but
the startx and xinit and XFree86 man pages say that
this DISPLAY variable is "set and not read".

Thanx again