Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2013 20:08:53 +0100
From:      Sabine Baer <baerks@t-online.de>
To:        Scott Eberl <scotteberl@gmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reading the handbook from console

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:37:06PM -0600, Scott Eberl wrote:
> I went ahead and installed the FreeBSD handbook onto my system and I
> was able to find it on disk per the motd notes but I'm wondering if
> there is a preferred method for reading these since they are in html
> format. I tried w3m and lynx and it looks like they are both not
> installed. Is there something i'm missing for reading these or do I
> just need to install a cli browser?

Why won't you install one of the text-browsers?
portmaster www/lynx (or another one) ist not a big thing and if you
install a terminal multiplexer as well you can change between the
handbook and the applying in a very simple way.

Sabine

--
Good fences make good neighbours.                           (N.N.)