Date:      Thu, 29 Feb 1996 20:22:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@nike.efn.org>
To:        Jerry Alexandratos <alexandr@louie.udel.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Help with DHCP setup!

On Thu, 29 Feb 1996, Jerry Alexandratos wrote:

> I'm desprately trying to get a bunch of W95 machines to talk to my
> FBSD 2.2-current box via DHCP.  I'm just not having any luck at this.
> Maybe the documentation is too spartan for my tastes, maybe I'm just
> an idiot (your choice), but I just can't get it to work.
>
> Have any of my FreeBSD brothers and sisters gotten this to work?  If
> so, could you please share your trade secrets with me?

here... I have it working over here...  I found a file with this in it:
Patches have been made to bootp to support DHCP, including dynamic IP
allocation.

Get them from:

ftp://ftp.ntplx.net/pub/networking/bootp/bootp-DD2.4.3.tar.gz

There is also a DHCP FAQ:

 http://web.syr.edu/~jmwobus/comfaqs/dhcp.faq.html

hope this helps...

> I don't care whether I use wide dhcp or bootp with dhcp patches, just
> as long as it works.  What I need to do is give out ip address based
> on the MAC hardware address.  If anyone has gotten this to work,
> please send me some samples.  I will be forever indebted to you.

this should do it... TTYL..

John-Mark

gurney_j@efn.org
Modem/FAX: (541) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)

Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)

GCS/M/Sd#h+s+!gau-a--w++++vC+++++UF++++P---E---N++W---M--V--Y+t+5++G+b+D++

CD5OUF++++.L-------2W.DM----N.9---NET2SP3s.2,4s.,4d.2,6---