Date:      Fri, 23 Dec 2005 03:40:18 -0600
From:      linimon@lonesome.com (Mark Linimon)
To:        Jason Evans <jasone@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New malloc ready, take 42

On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 01:14:08AM -0800, Jason Evans wrote:
> * Claus Guttesen and Devon O'Dell reported issues in kldxref and X on
> amd64 [ ... ] Apparently, we are on the cusp of the transition to using
> [latest xorg], so for now the workaround on amd64 is to use xorg-server-
> snap, with the expectation that soon the standard xorg-server port
> will be upgraded.

I think it's fair to ask if anyone has attempted to find out if there are
similar problems with XFree86 on either i386 or amd64.  I don't know if
there is any appreciable install base for the latter but AFAICT there still
is for the former.

At least we ought to know yea or nay before making the switch, IMHO.

mcl