Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 95 10:35:33 EST
From:      dayton@sci.brooklyn.cuny.edu (Dayton Clark)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-realtime@hda.com, proven@mit.edu
Cc:        pschung@sci.brooklyn.cuny.edu
Subject:   Posix thread library

Threads were available on FreeBSD 1.1.5.1 (libpthread).  There was
some talk a few months ago of bringing them (it?) up to Draft 8 and
onto 2.0R.  Has there been any progress?

A student here has gotten the 1.1.5.1 library running on 2.0R, maybe.
We're stuck at the moment and unsure whether it's our bug, differences
between 1.1.5.1 and 2.0R, or a bug in the original library.

Anyway, is anyone else working along this line?  Should we wait for
some imminent release that will solve all our problems?  Should we
just continue to slug it out alone?

dayton

      _________
| Dayton Clark              |