Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 12:02:45 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        hosokawa@itc.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: usr.sbin/pccard/pccardd change for "cardio" and "cardmem"

In message <199907201331.WAA22907@afs.ntc.mita.keio.ac.jp> HOSOKAWA Tatsumi writes:
: Index: cardd.c
: ===================================================================
: RCS file: /home/ncvs/src/usr.sbin/pccard/pccardd/cardd.c,v
: retrieving revision 1.34
: diff -u -r1.34 cardd.c
: --- cardd.c	1999/02/05 16:00:17	1.34
: +++ cardd.c	1999/07/20 13:14:38
: @@ -179,6 +179,9 @@
:  	sp->config = 0;
:  	/* release io */
:  	bit_nset(io_avail, sp->io.addr, sp->io.addr + sp->io.size - 1);
: +	/* release irq */
: +	if (sp->irq)
: +		pool_irq[sp->irq] = 1;
:  }
:
:  /*

Ah, this looks good.   I'd often suffer from the "your irq was eaten
by a grue" problem (that is, IRQs wouldn't always be freed).

We do need to make sure that we set the card's I/O port range, as that
is about to become important in -current.  It looks like this is
present in your code, but I didn't follow it closely enough to see if
it was being set.  struct dev_desc is getting another element (iosize)
in order to make the desired sio fixes work...

You might also want to modify the manpage to reflect these changes...

FWIW, Linux has a generic "use this CIS database instead" mechanism in
its pccard system, so there is precident for needing to repair CIS
entries....  I know that the Linux YE-DATA floppy driver makes use of
this on older floppy drives.

Warner