Date:      Sat, 7 Jun 1997 11:23:14 +0800 (TSD)
From:      "Victor A. Sudakov" <vas@vas.tomsk.su>
To:        gert@greenie.muc.de (Gert Doering)
Cc:        dl5bct@inss1.etec.uni-karlsruhe.de, knarf@camelot.de, mgetty@muc.de, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ? mgetty 0.99-Aug07, FreeBSD 2.2.1-RELEASE, 1&1 Skyconnect (Creatix): Problem ?

Gert Doering wrote:
> Peter Cornelius wrote:
> > On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Gert Doering wrote:
> >
> > > It's a bit weird, yes.  Would you mind trying whether it works with
> > >     #define DATA_FLOW FLOW_HARD
> > > as well?  For reliable data operation, this would be quite important...
> >
> > Well I tried. But as Victor Sudakov (<vas@vas.tomsk.su>) indicated, I
> > might have to mess around with stty.

I meant that I force crtscts from /etc/rc.serial on the cuaaX
where my modem is located:

#!/bin/sh
# $Id: rc.serial,v 1.4.4.3 1996/07/02 14:39:34 bde Exp $

[...]

#Added by Victor Sudakov

modem38400() {
	for i in $*
	do
		# may depend on modem
		comcontrol /dev/ttyd$i dtrwait 100 drainwait 180
		# Lock crtscts on.
		# Speed reasonable for V42bis.
		stty </dev/ttyid$i crtscts 38400
		stty </dev/ttyld$i crtscts
		stty </dev/cuaia$i crtscts 38400
		stty </dev/cuala$i crtscts
	done
}

modem38400 1

> This would astonish me. As far as I know, the POSIX Termios layer in
> FreeBSD doesn't contain any major bugs that would force you to go to stty
> (unlike NeXT, for example).

Perhaps it is not necessary to do what I do, but it works and I am happy.

--
Victor Sudakov
http://www.tomsk.su/r/persons/vas.htm