Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 1998 09:06:51 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        xander@agizubna.relcom.ru
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How can I find out free RAM at the running FreeBSD machine?

On Tue, Jan 06, 1998 at 02:35:05PM +0300, XaN wrote:
> Subject: Re: How can I find out free RAM at the running FreeBSD
> machine?

It helps to include the Subject: text in your message.

> I have Pentium machine with FreeBSD 2.2

What do you mean by "Free RAM"?  FreeBSD is a virtual memory machine,
and will attempt to keep RAM relatively full.  That doesn't mean
you're in trouble.  Without a thorough understanding of the VM system
(which I can't give here), the values are pretty meaningless.

Having said that, try the programs vmstat, top or systat.  Read the
man pages for how to use them.

Greg