Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 01:43:40 +0000 (GMT)
From:      George Reid <greid@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        David Xu <davidx@viasoft.com.cn>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: shell inconsistency - csh should remove

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, David Xu wrote:

> I mean learn cycle, if I learn csh scripts too long, then I may be
> confused by scripts in FreeBSD system, for example /etc/rc.* scripts,
> you wrote all scripts in sh shell style, but I am now familiar with
> csh, they are different, incompatible, and feel uncomfortable.

You have been presented with the solution: install the shell of your
choice. I suggest you evolve a brain, follow the advice and stop
complaining about what is essentially a non-issue.

> does csh support function definition in scripts?

Yes.

> support it. Linux user are now using bash, I know Linux users >
> FreeBSD users, it's the truth, no matter you believe it or not

Linux users > FreeBSD users in number. Do Linux users typically create so
much fuss over something so simple as editing a file to suit your
preferences? If so, I suggest you return to an operating system that
requires no thought or effort to use, since it would appear to suit
you better.

"And then it comes to be that the soothing light
   at the end of your tunnel was just a freight
            train, comin' your way."

      George Reid * greid@ukug.uk.freebsd.org