Date:      Fri, 16 Dec 2011 10:37:41 -0800
From:      Chase Epoch Cameron <chase.epoch@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        avg@freebsd.org
Subject:   gptzfsboot error

Salutations all,

I continuously see this error pop up when I boot my system as it loads,
and it appears as such:
Code:

gptzfsboot error 49 lba 1
gptzfsboot error 49 lba 32
gptzfsboot error 49 lba 1
gptzfsboot error 49 lba 32

I have run dd to check for bad sectors both destructively and I am
seeing no error reported in SMART. There are no pending or reallocated
sectors shown, and other tests come back clean. The system boots
correctly and seems to run extremely well, but after multiple installs
of 9.0-RC2 and 9.0-RC3, multiple erasures of gpt (using gpart destroy
and a dd of the first and last 15MiB of the drive), I keep seeing this
error, with no indicator as to what the code means or why I am getting
it. I have checked quite a few places to look for the information to
decode this blighted thing, and figure out if it is hardware, bootcode,
an albatross or whatever, but I keep hitting my head on the
oh-so-frustratingly-lacking-in-the-information-I-require internet.

Any thoughts?

Chase