Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:42:26 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <jruigrok@via-net-works.nl>
To:        Rino Mardo <helixfish@gmx.net>
Cc:        fbsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Still unable to upgrade to stable

-On [20001031 08:35], Rino Mardo (helixfish@gmx.net) wrote:
>I'm still getting the ata0-master timeout error whenever I do a make build.
>Even after moving /usr to somewhere in the middle of my harddisk.

Moving data from one position of your harddisk towards another position
on the same harddisk doesn't matter.  It remains the same harddisk.

>Odd thing is it happens only during phase 4(?) when compiling libcrypto
>libraries.  Is there anything fscked up with this libraries?  My cvsup
>server is cvsup.uk.freebsd.org as it's the one nearer to me.

Cvsup server doesn't influence this.

>I don't think my harddisk is at fault since I'm able to compile under
>Linux properly.

That doesn't mean anything.

Could you please provide us with the exact console messages of ata
[perhaps again, but I missed previous messages of you]?

Thanks,

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<jruigrok@via-net-works.nl>            VIA Net.Works The Netherlands