Date:      Tue, 2 Oct 2007 18:48:23 -0700
From:      Bill Campbell <freebsd@celestial.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where do I find the PERL compatible functions for php

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007, Andrew Falanga wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Installed PHP 5 using the ports collection in preparation for installing
>phpWebSite (a CMS system).  When trying to run the setup program (an
>index.php) file on the server I get, "*Fatal error*: Call to undefined
>function preg_match() in *
>/usr/local/www/apache22/data/phpwebsite_1_3_1/setup/index.php* on line *136"
>*.  I've found from the php.net web site that this is the PERL compatible
>regular expression stuff.  Since it's not there, how would I get it?

This is a build-time option with php, and requires the pcre libraries.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@celestial.com  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

I don't care how little your country is, you got a right to run it like
you want to.  When the big nations quit meddling, then the world will have
peace.
    Will Rogers