Date:      Tue, 22 Mar 2016 10:02:04 +0800
From:      wa5qjh <wa5qjh@xmission.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   drm i915_gem_object errors in dmesg

Has anybody else seen anything of the following drm error? I had 414
copies of
it in my most recent dmesg:

error: [drm:pid9:i915_gem_object_unbind] *ERROR* Attempting to unbind
pinned buffer

   And have been getting it for some 4-6 months now after an update. I'm
not real sure when it started,  just an approximate time when I noticed it.
I am currently running:

FreeBSD pcbsd-1011 10.2-RELEASE-p15 FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE-p15 #0: Thu Mar
17 11:41:37 UTC 2016
   root@amd64-builder.pcbsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
        FreeBSD ver:.......10.2-RELEASE-p15
        PC-BSD ver:........10.2

On an ASUS MB using an intel video gpu on the motherboard.
   Sorry, I dont know what other info might be germaine but would be
very quick  to supply
   same as advised.

In a way of troubleshooting I shut the system down and turned power
completly off
  for several  minutes to allowthe power supply to completly bleed off.
  This because dmesg seems to pick up erroprs generated and repoerted in
previous dmesg lists
  After power-up,  the following is  the relavant part opf the dmesg errors:
---
  info: [drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810
drmn0: <Intel IvyBridge> on vgapci0
info: [drm] MSI enabled 1 message(s)
info: [drm] Supports vblank timestamp caching Rev 1 (10.10.2010).
info: [drm] Driver supports precise vblank timestamp query.
drmn0: taking over the fictitious range 0xe0000000-0xf0000000
info: [drm] Enabling RC6 states: RC6 off, RC6p off, RC6pp off
info: [drm] Connector VGA-1: get mode from tunables:
info: [drm]   - kern.vt.fb.modes.VGA-1
info: [drm]   - kern.vt.fb.default_mode
fbd0 on drmn0
info: [drm] Initialized i915 1.6.0 20080730 for drmn0 on minor 0
error: [drm:pid2006:gen6_sanitize_pm] *ERROR* Power management
discrepancy: GEN6_RP_INTERRUPT_LIMIT
---

after a short while (~10 minutes) ,  no further drm errors were reportd

More important, has anybody seen a cure for it?

Gary Corell
The world would be a nicer place if everyone took a chill pill.
It would be even nicer if some of them choked on it.