Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 1998 16:31:25 -0800
From:      Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: copy/paste in X

Randall Hopper wrote:

>  |I've just started using XFree86 with afterstep.  I can't seem to copy from
>  |an xterm window and then paste into Netscape.  I can copy/paste from xterm
>  |to xterm and from Netscape to xterm, though.  Is this something strange
>  |about Netscape or X or afterstep or me?
>
> Look at the netscape install tips in the package -- search for "nls".
>
> Nothing wrong with which packages you're using -- I'm an
> XFree86-AfterStep-Netscape user too.

	Can you by chance post *exactly* what you did to make this work? I have
the same 3 packages and haven't been able to. I have the following in my
netscape wrapper script:

XNSLPATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/nls; export XNLSPATH

and that directory exists with 777 perms. Please tell me that there is
somthing obvious I'm missing. :)

Thanks,

Doug
--
*** Proud operator, designer and maintainer of the world's largest
*** Internet Relay Chat server.  5,120 clients and still growing.