Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 18:32:13 -0600 (MDT)
From:      David G Andersen <danderse@cs.utah.edu>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Camera selection with intel bt848 "Create and Share" combo?

Has anyone convinced the Intel "Create and Share Camera Pack"
to work with the bt848 drivers?  I can access the card itself
(it comes up as a smart video III/pci), but can't quite convince it to use
the attached camera for an input port.  This is using 3.0/3.1ish drivers
(rev 1.59 of the brooktree848 driver), but things don't appear to have
changed in a manner which would have affected the card's ability to pick
the port.

(Capture off of the RCA port works like a charm.  I haven't tested the
standard svideo port, but can only assume it works).

Symptoms:  When sitting idle, the camera's light is on ("hi, I'm
capturing").  However, when you open the bktr device and select a port,
the light goes off ("nobody home"), which suggests to me that the problem
lies simply in the port selection.  This card does provide two ports, one
standard S-Video port, and a separate S-Video port for its built-in
camera.

The card:  It uses a BT848KPF, and has three inputs (a composite, one
svideo, and one "just for the intel camera" svideo).  I couldn't find an
informative datasheet about this particular card at Intel's site.

Information, hints, or clues appreciated.

   -Dave

--
work: danderse@cs.utah.edu                     me:  angio@pobox.com
      University of Utah                            http://www.angio.net/