Date:      Sat, 13 Nov 1999 01:05:29 +0100 (MET)
From:      Gerard Roudier <groudier@club-internet.fr>
To:        Nicolas Souchu <nsouch@free.fr>
Cc:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>, BOISSEAU Jean-Philippe <jean-philipe.boisseau@sextant.thomson-csf.com>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tekram DC 395

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Nicolas Souchu wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 08:26:49PM -0600, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> >
> >[ CCed to -scsi, as people there might be interested ]
> >
> >BOISSEAU Jean-Philippe wrote...
> >> Hi.
> >> I'd like to know if there is a work in progress for Tekram DC 395 SCSI
> >> card.
> >
> >Actually, Tekram has written a driver for the card.  I don't know much
> >about the card or driver, but the driver is available at ftp.tekram.com.
>=20
> Nice.

May-be, but your fast CPU will have to deal with about 5 interrupts per
actual IO instead of about 1 using a SCSI chip that has a hardware phase
engine. Given the difference in price against the DC 390/F, I am not sure=
=20
the DC 395 is an interesting SCSI controller for an O/S like FreeBSD that=
=20
offers a state of the art SCSI access method.

The DC-395 looks like hardware for clueless Win95 users to me.

G=E9rard.