Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:18:51 -0600
From:      "Nikolas Britton" <nikolas.britton@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is mount_smbfs broken in 6.1-PRERELEASE?

Anyone know if mount_smbfs is broken in 6.1, I'm trying to run this:

"mount_smbfs -I 192.168.1.2 //nbritton@192.168.1.2/music2 /mnt/network/musi=
c/"

And then it asks for my password, I type it in, and then I get this error:

"mount_smbfs: unable to open connection: syserr =3D Authentication error"

I've had this same problem on another 6.1 box too... I can run this
same command on a 6.0-RELEASE box, right next to the 6.1 box, on the
same network etc. without problems. What gives? Did I forget to setup
something on the new 6.1 boxes or is mount_smbfs broken, IIRC I didn't
do anything special to get mount_smbfs working on the 6.0 box?

File Server:
samba-3.0.21b,1
uname -a:
FreeBSD puddlejumper.local 6.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE #0:
Tue Mar 14 12:15:56 CST 2006   =20
root@puddlejumper.local:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SE7210TP1E  i386

Workstation:
uname -a:
FreeBSD cake.local 6.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE #0: Tue Mar
28 17:47:28 CST 2006     root@cake.local:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CAKE=20
i386

The box that mount_smbfs works on:
uname -a:
FreeBSD musicbox1.local 6.0-STABLE FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE #0: Sat Jan  7
21:57:14 CST 2006   =20
root@musicbox1.local:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/GENERIC  i386

--
BSD Podcasts @ http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/