Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2012 21:00:05 -0400
From:      Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
To:        Andrew Thompson <thompsa@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lagg(4) MAC address selection proposal

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 12:53:43PM +1200, Andrew Thompson wrote:

> What we also need is a event trigger for
> various pseudo interfaces when the mac or primary interface changes,
> this would allow arp/nd6 to rebroadcast.

Yes, we're working something like this specifically for lagg but it
should be made more general for all of these cases.  In the lagg
failover case we need to have a gratuitous arp/nd6 when the link states
change.

Did you see glebius's message:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=126040+0+archive/2012/freebsd-net/20120212.freebsd-net

-Ed