Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 20:46:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      BEAUPRE Antoine <beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ppp starting without reason...

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Doug White wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, BEAUPRE Antoine wrote:
>
> > _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errorno = 61
>
> intro(2) says that error 61 is ECONNREFUSED, aka `Connection refused'.
> Are you running ipfw?

What is ipfw?  I don't think so... I just tried to connect via ppp and the
world's falling apart!

>                       Do you have it set to allow X connections?  By
> default, all network communications are blocked.  If you aren't ready to
> set up rules yet, edit /etc/rc.conf and set the firewall policy to "open".

I just can find three parameters affecting firewall, but nothing about
"policy":	firewall_enable = "NO"
	  	firewall_type = "UNKNOWN"
		firewall_quiet = "NO"

> Then reboot and try it.
>
> I wish the X server would use strerror(3) to translate the number to the
> standard string.  People usually understand the string better than the
> number.

## Au nom de l'etat,         ##
## La force s'appelle droit. ##
## Au main de l'individu,    ##