Date:      Thu,  1 Jun 2000 13:42:27 +0400 (MSD)
From:      dsh@vlink.ru
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/18936: new FreeBSD port: www/p5-HTML-Mason

>Number:         18936
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       new FreeBSD port: www/p5-HTML-Mason
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

Mason is a tool for building, serving and managing large web
sites. Its features make it an ideal backend for high load sites
serving dynamic content, such as online newspapers or database driven
e-commerce sites.

Mason's various pieces revolve around the notion of "components''. A
component is a mix of HTML, Perl, and special Mason commands, one
component per file. So-called "top-level" components represent entire
web-pages, while smaller components typically return HTML snippets for
embedding in top-level components. This object-like architecture
greatly simplifies site maintenance: change a shared component, and
you instantly changed all dependant pages that refer to it across a
site (or across many virtual sites).

Mason's component syntax lets designers separate a web page into
programmatic and design elements. This means the esoteric Perl bits
can be hidden near the bottom of a component, preloading simple
variables for use above in the HTML. In our own experience, this frees
content managers (i.e., non-programmers) to work on the layout without
getting mired in programming details. Techies, however, still enjoy
the full power of Perl.

Other Mason features include:

 * Caching
   Mason caches components after compilation, and offers an internal,
   shared, expireable data cache for use by components themselves.

 * Debugging
   Mason includes a debugging mode whereby HTTP requests can be
   captured to "debug files" for later replay inside Perl's
   command-line debugger (as opposed to the non-interactive mod_perl
   interpreter).

 * Templating
   The autohandler and dhandler features make it easy to apply a
   common header, footer, or filtering function to an entire directory
   or hierarchy of pages.

 * Previewer
   Mason includes a powerful previewing utility which acts as a proxy
   between Mason and incoming requests. Using a web interface, users
   create "port profiles" that massage requests in all kinds of
   interesting ways: different browsers may be simulated, different
   request ports, different times of day, etc.

 * Standalone Use
   Mason is optimized for use with mod_perl, but can also be used from
   CGI or as a standalone tool to generate other types of dynamic text
   files (similar to Text::Template, ePerl, etc.). To learn more about
   this option see the STANDALONE MODE section in HTML::Mason::Interp.

WWW: http://www.masonhq.com

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#	p5-HTML-Mason/
#	p5-HTML-Mason/Makefile
#	p5-HTML-Mason/pkg
#	p5-HTML-Mason/pkg/COMMENT
#	p5-HTML-Mason/pkg/DESCR
#	p5-HTML-Mason/pkg/PLIST
#	p5-HTML-Mason/files
#	p5-HTML-Mason/files/md5
#
echo c - p5-HTML-Mason/
mkdir -p p5-HTML-Mason/ > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - p5-HTML-Mason/Makefile
sed 's/^X//' >p5-HTML-Mason/Makefile << 'END-of-p5-HTML-Mason/Makefile'
X# New ports collection makefile for:	HTML-Mason
X# Date created:				31 May 2000
X# Whom:					Denis Shaposhnikov <dsh@vlink.ru>
X#
X# $FreeBSD$
X#
XPORTNAME=	p5-HTML-Mason
XPORTVERSION=	0.87
XDISTNAME=	HTML-Mason-${PORTVERSION}
XCATEGORIES=	www perl5
XMASTER_SITES=	${MASTER_SITE_PERL_CPAN}
XMASTER_SITE_SUBDIR=	HTML
XMAINTAINER=	dsh@vlink.ru
XBUILD_DEPENDS=	${LOCALBASE}/lib/perl5/site_perl/${PERL_VER}/MLDBM.pm:${PORTSDIR}/databases/p5-MLDBM
XRUN_DEPENDS=	${LOCALBASE}/lib/perl5/site_perl/${PERL_VER}/MLDBM.pm:${PORTSDIR}/databases/p5-MLDBM
XUSE_PERL5=	YES
XMAN3PREFIX=	${PREFIX}/lib/perl5/${PERL_VERSION}
XMAN3=		Bundle::HTML::Mason.3 HTML::Mason.3 HTML::Mason::Admin.3 \
X		HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler.3 HTML::Mason::Commands.3 \
X		HTML::Mason::Component.3 HTML::Mason::Components.3 \
X		HTML::Mason::Devel.3 HTML::Mason::Interp.3 \
X		HTML::Mason::Parser.3 HTML::Mason::Request.3
Xdo-configure:
X	@cd ${WRKSRC}; ${SETENV} ${CONFIGURE_ENV} ${PERL5} Makefile.PL
X.include <bsd.port.mk>
END-of-p5-HTML-Mason/Makefile
echo c - p5-HTML-Mason/pkg
mkdir -p p5-HTML-Mason/pkg > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - p5-HTML-Mason/pkg/COMMENT
sed 's/^X//' >p5-HTML-Mason/pkg/COMMENT << 'END-of-p5-HTML-Mason/pkg/COMMENT'
XHigh-performance, dynamic web site authoring system
END-of-p5-HTML-Mason/pkg/COMMENT
echo x - p5-HTML-Mason/pkg/DESCR
sed 's/^X//' >p5-HTML-Mason/pkg/DESCR << 'END-of-p5-HTML-Mason/pkg/DESCR'
XMason is a tool for building, serving and managing large web
Xsites. Its features make it an ideal backend for high load sites
Xserving dynamic content, such as online newspapers or database driven
Xe-commerce sites.
XMason's various pieces revolve around the notion of "components''. A
Xcomponent is a mix of HTML, Perl, and special Mason commands, one
Xcomponent per file. So-called "top-level" components represent entire
Xweb-pages, while smaller components typically return HTML snippets for
Xembedding in top-level components. This object-like architecture
Xgreatly simplifies site maintenance: change a shared component, and
Xyou instantly changed all dependant pages that refer to it across a
Xsite (or across many virtual sites).
XMason's component syntax lets designers separate a web page into
Xprogrammatic and design elements. This means the esoteric Perl bits
Xcan be hidden near the bottom of a component, preloading simple
Xvariables for use above in the HTML. In our own experience, this frees
Xcontent managers (i.e., non-programmers) to work on the layout without
Xgetting mired in programming details. Techies, however, still enjoy
Xthe full power of Perl.
XOther Mason features include:
X * Caching
X   Mason caches components after compilation, and offers an internal,
X   shared, expireable data cache for use by components themselves.
X * Debugging
X   Mason includes a debugging mode whereby HTTP requests can be
X   captured to "debug files" for later replay inside Perl's
X   command-line debugger (as opposed to the non-interactive mod_perl
X   interpreter).
X * Templating
X   The autohandler and dhandler features make it easy to apply a
X   common header, footer, or filtering function to an entire directory
X   or hierarchy of pages.
X * Previewer
X   Mason includes a powerful previewing utility which acts as a proxy
X   between Mason and incoming requests. Using a web interface, users
X   create "port profiles" that massage requests in all kinds of
X   interesting ways: different browsers may be simulated, different
X   request ports, different times of day, etc.
X * Standalone Use
X   Mason is optimized for use with mod_perl, but can also be used from
X   CGI or as a standalone tool to generate other types of dynamic text
X   files (similar to Text::Template, ePerl, etc.). To learn more about
X   this option see the STANDALONE MODE section in HTML::Mason::Interp.
XWWW: http://www.masonhq.com
END-of-p5-HTML-Mason/pkg/DESCR
echo x - p5-HTML-Mason/pkg/PLIST
sed 's/^X//' >p5-HTML-Mason/pkg/PLIST << 'END-of-p5-HTML-Mason/pkg/PLIST'
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/Apache/Mason.pm
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/Bundle/HTML/Mason.pm
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason.pm
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason.pod
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Admin.pod
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pod
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Commands.pm
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Commands.pod
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Component.pm
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Component.pod
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Component/FileBased.pm
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Component/Subcomponent.pm
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Components.pod
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Config.pm
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Devel.pod
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/FakeApache.pm
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Interp.pm
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Interp.pod
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Parser.pm
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Parser.pod
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Preview.pm
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Request.pm
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Request.pod
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Resolver.pm
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Resolver/File.pm
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Tools.pm
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Utils.pm
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/makeconfig.pl
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/%%PERL_ARCH%%/auto/HTML/Mason/.packlist
X@dirrm lib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/%%PERL_ARCH%%/auto/HTML/Mason
X@dirrm lib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/%%PERL_ARCH%%/auto/HTML
X@dirrm lib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Component
X@dirrm lib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/HTML/Mason/Resolver
X@dirrm lib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/Apache
X@dirrm lib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/Bundle/HTML
X@dirrm lib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/Bundle
END-of-p5-HTML-Mason/pkg/PLIST
echo c - p5-HTML-Mason/files
mkdir -p p5-HTML-Mason/files > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - p5-HTML-Mason/files/md5
sed 's/^X//' >p5-HTML-Mason/files/md5 << 'END-of-p5-HTML-Mason/files/md5'
XMD5 (HTML-Mason-0.87.tar.gz) = d5cffa74a749b2530daaca6a4ab7caf6
END-of-p5-HTML-Mason/files/md5
exit