Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:08:20 -0400
From:      James Tanis <jtanis@mdchs.org>
To:        alydiomc@yahoo.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Spamassassin very slow

"lyd mc" <alydiomc@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What causes spamassassin to slow?
>
> Here is my config:
>
> snippet from sendmail.mc
> .. <cut> ..
>
> I have .procmailrc in every home directory of my mail users and it goes
like
> this:

So if I'm understanding you correctly.. your calling spamc from a sendmail
milter *and* .procmailrc. That's pretty redundant and would definately =
slow
you down. Choose one based on your needs.

> I also have RulesDuJour installed and spammassassin --lint does complain
about
> it.

Extra rules can slow you down regardless of syntax, but most computers
created this decade can handle RulesDuJour fine. Personally I think your
main problem is that your effectively spam checking every message twice. =
The
spamassassin queues most likely get filled followed by sendmail having to
wait and queue up the slack.
--
James Tanis
Technical Coordinator