Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2001 22:05:32 -0600
From:      "Mike Meyer" <mwm-sender-09d23e@mired.org>
To:        rene@xs4all.nl
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: robust copy program required

rene@xs4all.nl types:
> Hi. I have several CDROMs with some scratches etc.

Have you considered trying to polish the scratches out? I've rescued a
few with toothpaste and elbow grease.

> I'd like to get my hands on a copy tool that can log anything that is
> un-copyable, but DOES copy the rest on the CDROM.
>
> is there such a thing for unix? i guess it may come as a script of some sort?

dd will do the trick for reading the image in:

	dd if=/dev/cd0c of=cd-image bs=2048 conv=noerror,sync

Adjust the device as appropriate for your system. If you are using
audio CDs, you'll need to change the block size. See the archives for
what it should be. You can then burn the image with burncd or
cdrecord.

	<mike