Date:      Sat, 31 Jan 2004 10:11:18 -0600
From:      Yura Socolov <yura@binary.net>
To:        David O'Brien <obrien@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 build

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 03:28:57PM +0900, hiroshi-n@iname.com wrote:
> > I installed FreeBSD 5.2 (amd64) from ISO image, then tried to build
> > XFree86 4.3.99.902 from source.
> > ( my video card is Radeon 9600XT and not supported by the default
> > installation. )
> >
> > But compilation failed while compiling FreeType/lib/ttcalc.c in

I just compiled XFree from ports on a fresh install of 5.2, cvsup'ed to
5.2-RELENG as of yesterday. Compiled and works without a single thing
to complain about or anything to tweak.

The port compiles version 4.3.0, not sure if that's what you want, but
since it works fine, you might want it.

I also have a Radeon card, 7000 though. Works like a charm with vesa
driver, not ati driver. Btw, try that with your card, perhaps you don't
even need to compile anything.

--
-- Yura Socolov <yura@binary.net>          FP: A7192ABD96E15F5 19AB21E60C34109
--                                               http://users.binary.net/yura/