Date:      Thu, 25 May 2017 11:43:01 -0700
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   status of drm-next[-4.7]?

I have a Dell Precision 7510 mobile workstation on which
I installed the drm-next-4.7 branch (using instructions
from [1]) to get her up and running.  That installation
was done of Nov 16, 2016.

I would like to upgrade to top-of-tree FreeBSD, but it
seems that trunk has not been merged into the drm-next-4.7
branch for several months.  Have sufficient patches been
merged from the drm-next-4.7 branch into trunk to allow
me to starting tracking stock FreeBSD-current?

When I start X, the following kernel modules are automatically
loaded

radeonkms.ko, drm.ko, agp.ko, linuxkpi.ko, debugfs.ko,
radeon_verde_pfp_bin.ko, radeon_verde_me_bin.ko, radeon_verde_ce_bin.ko
radeon_verde_rlc_bin.ko, radeon_verde_mc_bin.ko, radeon_verde_smc_bin.ko

Are these incapable with  trunk?

[1] https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/freebsd-base-graphics/wiki

--
Steve