Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2013 16:59:14 -0400
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [kde-freebsd] kopete-kde4 fails to build

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 21:55:01 +0200
Matthias Apitz articulated:

> El día Wednesday, April 10, 2013 a las 03:44:00PM -0400, Jerry
> escribió:
>
> > I don't have that installed. As far as I can tell, I don't have any
> > QT3\* ports installed. The closest I can find is
> > "qt4-qt3support-4.8.4" It is shown as a dependency of
> > "kopete-4.9.5" and a crap load of other programs. What happens if I
> > just delete "kopete-4.9.5" and then try to build the updated
> > version?
> >
> > Seriously though, I really wish they would retire "QT3" from the
> > ports. It is always causing a problem for me.
>
> Haven't you said 5 lines above, that you do not have any 'QT3\* ports
> installed'? Your statements do not match.

Actually, they do. I have a "qt4" package that offers support for
"qt3". I never directly installed it, it must have been sucked in by
the crap load of other programs that depend on it. If I delete it, I
assume that everything else that requires it will fail.

So, are you stating that I am suppose to delete
"qt4-qt3support-4.8.4", attempt to install "kopete" and then
re-install "qt4-qt3support-4.8.4"? What drug addict came up with this
bullshit?

--
Jerry ♔