Date:      Tue, 06 Jun 2000 21:19:55 -0700
From:      "Raymundo M. Vega" <RaymundoVega@home.com>
To:        Jahanur R Subedar <jahanur@jjsoft.com>
Cc:        Johan Petersson <johpe159@student.liu.se>, FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DNS/Sendmail

The purpose of CNAME records is to make aliases of hosts,
which means you *are not* allowed to use the domainname
on either side of the CNAME. write a valid hostname
and try again.

if you want to test your dns, then use nslookup and type:

set q=mx
bitmap.com.

work on your DNS files until it gives back the right answer

raymundo