Date:      Tue, 4 Jul 1995 00:39:54 +0200
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   0622 installation woes (/nfs not found)

At least I got around the installation quirks I had with using
nfs (simply by avoiding the nfs and ftp automatism that were offered).
Does the installtion script not understand absolute IP addresses
in come cases (e.g. in URLs or nfs mount commands?
I installed manually through the ALT-F4 shell (chroot'd) and I
must say compared to earlier installation floppies this method
seems to be very stable. The /stand stuff can be used very well
now for a lot of manual operations like mounting, ftping and such.

Excuse my previous remarks on this which may have sounded a bit
impatient but it's round midnight now here.

FreeBSD blues.physik.rwth-aachen.de 2.0-BUILT-19950701 FreeBSD 2.0-BUILT-