Date:      Sat, 6 Dec 1997 18:28:41 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Igor Timkin" <ivt@gamma.ru>
To:        rivers@dignus.com (Thomas David Rivers)
Cc:        ivt@gamma.ru, nectar@NECTAR.COM, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic: blkfree: freeling free block/frag

Thomas David Rivers writes:
> > On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, Igor Timkin wrote:
> >
> > > Every 4-8 days my news server (~10 full incoming feeds, ~50
> > > outgoing feeds) crash:
> > > panic: blkfree: freeing free block
> > > or
> > > panic: blkfree: freeing free frag
> > >
> > > I have a P6-200 rinning on a ASUS P65UP5+C-P6ND (BIOS rev. 2.05),
> > > with 512M ECC of RAM (with David Greenman patch).
> > > news spool is 6x4G Barracuda (ST15150W) CCD across two 2940UW.
>
>  This is very reminiscent of my "Daily panic"s which I used to get
> on a full news server.  I never saw the "freeing free frag" but I
> frequently saw the "freeing free block" panic.  Do you also get
> "dup alloc" panics?

Never. 30% - freeing free block, 70% - freeing free frag.
Today I was get next on turn panic (I was started expire for reduce
of the used spool disk space and I was sure of the panic).
Now I'll make dump/newfs/restore for spool.

>  Anyway, suffice it to say that we've been bird-dogging this problem
> for quite some time (since 2.1 came out.)  It has been a bear to track

I have 2.1.5 and 2.2.2 long time and have't such problems.
This problem was arised after several panics (I have some problems
with hardware upgrade). The Terry's suggestion look like trust
in my case.

> down.  And, unfortunately, I lost my news feed; so I don't get it
> every day.  [Although, I can reproduce a problem that is suspiciously
> similar on a stand-alone 386.] The more info we can get, the better.
>
> 	- Dave Rivers -

Igor