Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 1998 14:20:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jt <hometeam@techpower.net>
To:        "Saffa J. Kemokai" <sulima@sulima.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, skemokai@sulima.com
Subject:   Re: PPP - Win95 Connection matter

Turn on window after dial in dialup network on win95
and see what is going on.

Freebsd side should start pppd after login there are a few differant
ways to do this. there is a pppkit and then just running
pppd on that port this if is only one dialup line. I would just set pppd
in ttys to run in background on that port and set a pap password for
yourself.  making a script and chmod 755 like this will also work.

#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/sbin/pppd passive :youip.for.the.win.box

call the script ppplogin

go in passwd and set the shell for that user to ppplogin

this is a simple example

Also try www.freebsd.org/~brian
there is a wealth of info on ppp there.
goodluck!