Date:      Sat, 2 Dec 1995 21:09:04 -0600 (CST)
From:      January <root@interaccess.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Just installed FreeBSD; won't boot.

Greetings.

Let me begin by describing my system. It is a 486DX4/100 with 16M RAM.
There are two IDE drives -- a 1.2G primary with win95 and Linux, and a
120M slave on which I installed FreeBSD 2.1.0

The problem: When I boot my computer, OS-BS comes up as a boot menu. I
select the FreeBSD partition off of that menu, and am immediately
presented with the FreeBSD BOOT: prompt, just as I should be. But the
problem is, if I press enter or let the 5 seconds run out, | appears, but
doesn't spin, and it just hangs. I have to cold boot.

Any ideas?

Thanks.