Date:      Fri, 4 May 2007 04:05:11 GMT
From:      avangard<avangardeena@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/112406: not find dvd-rw

>Number:         112406
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       not find dvd-rw
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
[avangard@adisse /usr/home/avangard]$ k3b
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
kbuildsycoca running...
[avangard@adisse /usr/home/avangard]$ kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KActionCollection::KActionCollection( QObject *parent, const char *name, KInstance *instance )
k3b: (K3bCdrecordProgram) could not start /opt/schily/bin
k3b: (K3bMkisofsProgram) could not start /opt/schily/bin
k3b: (K3bCdrecordProgram) could not start /home/avangard/bin
k3b: (K3bMkisofsProgram) could not start /home/avangard/bin
k3b: (K3bExternalBinManager) Cdrecord 2.1 features: gracetime, overburn, cdtext, clone, tao, cuefile, xamix, plain-atapi, hacked-atapi, audio-stdin, burnfree
k3b: (K3bExternalBinManager) 2 1 -1  seems to be cdrecord version >= 1.11a02, using burnfree instead of burnproof
k3b: (K3bExternalBinManager) seems to be cdrecord version >= 1.11a31, support for Just Link via burnfree driveroption
couldn't open %s /dev/xpt0
k3b: [void K3bMediaCache::clearDeviceList()]
k3b: (K3bCdrecordProgram) could not start /opt/schily/bin
k3b: (K3bMkisofsProgram) could not start /opt/schily/bin
k3b: (K3bCdrecordProgram) could not start /home/avangard/bin
k3b: (K3bMkisofsProgram) could not start /home/avangard/bin
k3b: (K3bExternalBinManager) Cdrecord 2.1 features: gracetime, overburn, cdtext, clone, tao, cuefile, xamix, plain-atapi, hacked-atapi, audio-stdin, burnfree
k3b: (K3bExternalBinManager) 2 1 -1  seems to be cdrecord version >= 1.11a02, using burnfree instead of burnproof
k3b: (K3bExternalBinManager) seems to be cdrecord version >= 1.11a31, support for Just Link via burnfree driveroption
Devices:
------------------------------
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KActionCollection::operator+=(): function is severely deprecated.
k3b: (K3bFileTreeView::addCdDeviceBranches)
k3b: (K3bFileTreeView::addCdDeviceBranches) done
k3b: (K3bFileTreeView::addCdDeviceBranches)
k3b: (K3bFileTreeView::addCdDeviceBranches) done
k3b: (K3bCore) System problems:
k3b:  NON_CRITICAL
k3b:  PROBLEM:  No CD/DVD writer found.
k3b:  DETAILS:  K3b did not find an optical writing device in your system. Thus, you will not be able to burn CDs or DVDs. However, you can still use other K3b features like audio track extraction or audio transcoding or ISO9660 image creation.
k3b:  SOLUTION:
k3b:
k3b: [void K3bMediaCache::clearDeviceList()]
k3b: Waiting for thread 0x8311ee0
k3b: Thread waiting done.
k3b: [void K3bMediaCache::clearDeviceList()]
Hello! I have some problem in the k3b 1.0 program.
I have a two devices- Asus CD-ROM 52x and _NEC DVD_RW device
first device is /dev/acd1 and second /dev/acd0

If I running k3b as user it proggam tell me about bug- "not found DVD-RW device"
In options->devices I see what CD and DVD device tree are empty.
If I run such as root I has it problem too. Devices tree is empty.
I made chmod 777 to /dev/acd1 and /dev/acd0, but it not give me good resoult, tree also empty.

I couldn't find document about fix this problem. Why DVD and CD device couldn't work in k3b? only k3b, because discs mounted very good?

Thank you :)
>How-To-Repeat:
always
>Fix: