Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 1997 08:53:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      William Bulley <web@merit.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help with Radius

According to Bill Sandiford:
> Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 23:00:10 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Bill Sandiford <bill@duey.interlinks.net>
> To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Help with Radius
>
> I have downloaded Radius 2.4.23 from the ports collection, compiled and
> installed on my system.  All works ok for a few minutes, authenticates a
> few users no prob,  then I get the following error message just before
> radiusd craps out :
>
> pid, 20704 (radiusd), uid 0:exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
>
> Any ideas as to what an cause this.
>
> System is a Pentium 200 with 64 Megs ram
>
> FreeBSD-2.2.2

As I told Bill -- this is a known bug with our 2.4.23 server.

Our standard Makefile include CFLAGS == -g and I believe some
friendly "ports-person" changed that to CFLAGS == -O (it may
be the other way around, but whatever) -- we always build it
with -g so this is why I believe a change must have been made...  :-(

Make the change (one way or the other), recompile and it should
work as advertised.  This server is fairly old, now, by our own
standards and predates any access I had to any FreeBSD machines
at work to try compiling and testing on.  Sorry about that...

Questions about the basic Merit AAA Server should be emailed to:

   aaa-support@merit.edu

and for your reading pleasure, we have a few WWW pages at:

   http://www.merit.edu/aaa/

Regards,

web...

--
William Bulley, N8NXN              Senior Systems Research Programmer
Merit Network, Inc.                Email: web@merit.edu

[ What's all this fuss about the end of the century causing mission critial ]
[ programs to crash due to bad dates?  If people simply started using Roman ]
[ Numerials, the problem goes away!   MCM = 1900  MCMXCIX = 1999  MM = 2000 ]