Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 2000 22:00:11 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Paul Thornton <prt@prt.org>
To:        Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with Vaio XG-9 and 4.2-R

Ian,

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Ian Dowse wrote:

> Most Sony laptops seem to have this problem when pcic0 is operating
> in polling mode. Try 'boot -c' from the loader, and typing
>
> 	irq pcic0 5

Thanks for this - it doesn't hang any more, but now neither slot does
anything.  The card doesn't power up, and there is no attempt to identify or
attach it.

Doing a 'pccard power 0 1' makes it spot the card, but then I get a classic
"no card found for (null) (null)".

I've just rebooted trying irq 10, and now get the following situation.

I still have to do a pccardc power to wake up the card, but now it does find
it and ed0 attaches, and appears to work happily with large pings at least.

Both cards happily work on their own, in either slot; but I cannot use them
both together - the first card inserted appears to get the irq and then thats
it :(

--
Paul