Date:      Fri, 08 Apr 2005 11:09:16 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
Cc:        monthly@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [CGI] (Bi-)Monthly XML-composer

Max Laier wrote:

>Hi,
>
>as discussed here briefly after the last round of the status reports, Julian
>has come up with a CGI-script that helps to fill the bi-monthly status report
>xml-template.  I extended it slightly to take care of the newer features.  In
>contrast to Julian's original approach, this one also sets "Content-Type:
>text/plain" so that you get a download of the resulting xml, rather than a
>html to copy and paste from.  I found that easier to handle esp. in
>cli-environments.

sure..  I'm not fussed on how this is done.. as long as it's easier than
hand formatiting it :-)

>In preparation on the next round of status-reports, we'd like to get something
>along those lines on the FreeBSD website ASAP.  Hence I really appreciate
>review and especially style nits ("cooperate identity" etc.).
>
>Thanks in advance, and many thanks to Julian for coming up with the prototype.

probably a better name.. :-) monthly_formatter.cgi or something.

also, the reason we ask you to cut-n-paste the result into your mail
program is that just adding a button
"submit" is asking for 10,000 trolls to spam the monthly list with crap.