Date:      Tue, 13 May 2014 22:37:05 +0100
From:      Dave B <g8kbvdave@googlemail.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Obscure operating systems

> Anyone here using PC-BSD, PureDarwin, GhostBSD, AnonymOS, (Amnesiac)
> Incognito, eComStation, Syllable , ReactOS, Haiku,  or MenuetOS? I'm
> planning on trying these, and would like to hear of users' experiences
> (good or bad). Thanks.

I looked at ReactOS, and I have it working in a VM.  But, it's far from ready for
real users.   Consider it at the Alpha test stage just now.

One to keep an eye on perhaps, but only for the curious.

I did get PC-BSD running on a friends laptop, while waiting for a new hard drive.
(I have temporary drives to "play" with)  "It works" is about all that I'd say.  Fast
and slick it was not sadly, though everything there did work without any need for
fiddling.

(PC has 4G RAM, and a 2.2GHz dual core AMD 64 bit CPU, I forget the graphics
system details.   It ran Win7 Pro very fast by comparison, what she wanted put
back on.)

73.

Dave B.