Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 07:31:28 +0000
From:      Colin Percival <colin.percival@wadham.ox.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   libobjc wierdness

   Every time I build 4.7-RELEASE the three files
/usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/lib/libobjc/NXConstStr.o
/usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/lib/libobjc/Object.o
/usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/lib/libobjc/Protocol.o
(which along with lots of other files are packed into libobjc.a) end up
varying wildly.
   Every other variability in the build results I can track down -- the
fortune files are randomized (bin/45817), games/phantasia/void is
randomized (and no longer exists in -CURRENT), and everything else is
identifiable user, host, date, or time stamps -- but those three files have
significant binary portions which vary.
   Incidentally, the sizes of those files don't vary.

   Can anyone help me understand what is going on here?

Colin Percival