Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 2000 16:14:30 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        farber@cpan.org
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to use 2 channels on sundays?

From the keyboard of Alexander Farber:

> Since I have the german Telekom flatrate and the ISDN-xxl
> (which means that phone calls on sundays are freeeee), I'd
> like to use both ISDN-channels on sundays. How do I do it?
> I haven't found it in the i4b-documentation, "man isdnd"
> and "man isdnd.rc" yet.

I am too using ISDN-xxl (but not the flatrate) and because of this [:-))]
i4b as of 0.96 has a new feature to specify for which time an entry is
valid:

man isdnd.rc (as of 0.96) says somewhere:

        valid   Note: this feature is considered experimental!
                The parameter to this keyword is a string specify-
                ing a time range within which this entry is valid.
                The time specification consists of a list of week-
                days and/or a holiday indicator ( see also the
                holidayfile keyword in the system section ) sepa-
                rated by commas followed by an optional daytime
                range specification in the form hh:mm-hh:mm.  The
                weekdays are specified as numbers from 0 to 6 and
                the number 7 for holidays:

                            0       Sunday
                            1       Monday
                            2       Tuesday
                            3       Wednesday
                            4       Thursday
                            5       Friday
                            6       Saturday
                            7       a Holiday

                 The following examples describe the "T-ISDN xxl"
                 tariff of the german Telekom:
                      1,2,3,4,5,6,09:00-18:00
                         Monday through Saturday, daytime 9:00 to 18:00
                      1,2,3,4,5,6,18:00-9:00
                         Monday through Saturday, nighttime 18:00 to 9:00
                      0,7
                         Sunday and on holidays, all 24 hours

By using this keyword and different entries for the different times
and by using the budget-xxxx keywords in isdnd.rc i'm able to make
isdnd behave nicely with respect to the different charging rates of this
tariff.

Also note, that this feature is experimental and may have a side effect
if a call is going on while a valid entry time changes. YMMV.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47-77