Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 2004 03:55:38 -0000
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        pf4freebsd@freelists.org
Subject:   [pf4freebsd] Version 2.00 - OpenBSD-Current tracking will start again

Hello,

  finally we are proud to announce our second stable release matching
the OpenBSD 3.4 release function set: Version 2.00 can be found on the
usual place: http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/pf_freebsd_2.00.tar.gz
MD5 (pf_freebsd_2.00.tar.gz) =3D e55504a934a232a0030dc746f0bf96d0

  As no-one discovered problems with RC1 in the past five days nothing
has changed ('cept the version strings which cause a different MD5).

  Maintainer updates for the ports have been sent. Any commiters on
the list? ;-) Check: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D59037
and http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D59038

  We will now start to track OpenBSD-Current development again. Please
allow us some time for internal testing and cleanup. If we do not hit
any bigger (unexpected) problems, however, we should be clear soon.

  Many complained about missing ALTQ-support for FreeBSD-current. This
is (as I explained before) due to the ongoing work to make the
netstack giant free. There have been many changes to the network
drivers lately, which make it really hard to maintain an ALTQ-
patchset. Nonetheless, talks have started to get work started again.
If you feel like playing along don't hesitate to mail!

  We hope you have fun with this release and PF serves you well! If
you are happy with it, please tell everyone. We need your support to
get it to /usr/src!

--=20
Best regards,
 Max                          mailto:max@love2party.net