Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:14:14 -0500
From:      "Larry Rosenman" <ler@lerctr.org>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   bad pte panic, no dump :(

Greetings,
   FreeBSD/amd64 6.1-STABLE (June 18, 18:44 US/Central), running on Intel
EM64T Xeons.

got a one-off bad pte panic, and when it tried to dump to a gmirror slice,
it hung.

Box had been rock stable.  Had an issue with a neighbor (NFS server to this
box) box yesterday,
and had to force reboot it to get the NFS stuff back in sync, and all I
thought(!) was ok.

The out of the blue, while talking IMAP to this one, got the bad pte panic.

when the box came back up, it had a massive amount of fsck to do, and then
resync the mirror.  While
the mirror was re-syncing, there were times when I saw LOTS of processes
blocked in ufs or getblk or related
wait_chans.

I'm not sure there is anything more I can provide (no serial console, and
the box is in a colo cage
3.5 hours (by car) north of me.

Just an FYI, and suggestions welcome.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Larry Rosenman

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893