Date:      Sun, 9 Jun 2002 01:27:44 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ESS688

Hi,

sorry to bother you more with this boring 8 MB laptop with 3.5 R,
that runs fine, but:

the soundchip mentioned some days earlier, that was recognised as
a ESS 18?? (rev 11), with sndstat
<<
FreeBSD Audio Driver (981002) Jun  3 2002 09:48:53
Installed devices:
pcm0: <SoundBlaster Pro 3.1> at 0x220 irq 5 dma 1:1

is a ESS688, according to some Linux webpages.

Could that make a difference ? NetBSD and Linux treat
it as an ordinary Soundblaster without problems.

H.

If I could make the Linux emulation work, I would use NetBSD ;-)