Date:      06 Nov 2003 20:17:11 -0500
From:      Frank Laszlo <laszlof@vonostingroup.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jdk14 port

Ok, I figured out what the problem was.
It's really quite interesting.
you see, I was building this via ssh to my server. My server has had
network issues (due to the connection) all day, and my ssh sessions were
lagging horribly. it would freeze for a long amount of time. I noticed
the build always seemed to error at a different point. So I thought to
myself, maybe the ssh freezing is causing a problem
so i fired screen and ran:
cd /usr/ports/java/jdk14 && script jdk14-out.log make package
then i detached from the screen, and ran xtail jdk14-out.log to keep an
eye on it.
and sure enough, it built with no problems whatsoever.

I have NEVER seen anything like this, but I guess it makes sense. Oh
well..

-Frank Laszlo