Date:      Sat, 4 Sep 1999 13:38:43 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Nick Hibma <hibma@skylink.it>
To:        Kenneth Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: the pcm driver and the bktr device

The problems might be wholly unrelated. I've just reconfigured my BIOS
to put everything onto irq 11

uhci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> irq 11 at device 1.2 on
pci0
ohci0: <OPTi 82C861 (FireLink) USB controller> irq 11 at device 9.0 on
pci0
vga-pci0: <S3 Trio graphics accelerator> irq 11 at device 10.0 on pci0
ed1: <NE2000 PCI Ethernet (RealTek 8029)> irq 11 at device 11.0 on pci0

and that works just fine:

addr 1: UHCI root hub, Intel
 addr 2: UT-USB41 hub, Texas Instruments
addr 1: OHCI root hub, OPTi
 addr 2: UT-USB41 hub, Texas Instruments
  addr 3: USB Zip 100, Iomega

(cut&paste over network connection, no screen :-)

The problem with the soundcard might have been resolved in current bug
fixes for the sound card and PCI system (PNP fixes), please try at
least rev 1.117 of pci.c .

The bktr problem, might be unrelated. I'll have a quick look and kick
Roger Hardiman, maybe he knows.

I'd say you should be able to sort out the problems for the various
parts independently and ignore the fact that they are all on the same
irq.

Nick

e-Mail: hibma@skylink.it