Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:47:14 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Problems with sendmail masquerading..

Hello,
I need to configure masquerading for sendmail.  I have following the FAQ at
sendmail.org on masquerading and still I cannot get it to work properly.

I use the DynDns.Org service to provide a hostname to my dynamic IP address.
What I have done is used that dyndns host like a subdomain on my private
network (it sounded good at the time).

What I need to do is change what sendmail reports as it's hostname when it
sends/receives mail, and I can't seem to do that.  I'd prefer not to have to
actually change the hostname of the box.  My situation is as follows.

E.g.

DOMAIN.dyndns.org resolves to my current IP address.  Internally I have
host1.DOMAIN.dyndns.org, host2, host3, etc...
The FreeBSD machine is HOST1, and when sendmail tries deliver my mail it
identifies itself to the other machine as host1.DOMAIN.dyndns.org, which (at
this point) doesn't resolve to anything.  The other server (especially
hub.freebsd.org) reject my mail because of this.  I just need to change what
sendmail reports as it's hostname to be DOMAIN.dyndns.org.

My sendmail config I do have:
MASQUERADE_AS(DOMAIN.dyndns.org)
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(DOMAIN.dyndns.org)
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')
FEATURE(`allmasquerade')
FEATURE(`masquerade_entire_domain')

I am unsure if I should have the quotes in the features or not, it was kind
of vague on the sendmail site.

I can post my actual config when I get home from work today if necessary.
At this point though, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong.