Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 05:59:07 +0000
From:      Anthony Naggs <tony@ubik.demon.co.uk>
To:        Danny Horne <danny@clifftop.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oh my god, Google has a USENET archive going back to 1981!

In article <NFBBKDJNKLAILGCFMOHBEEHJCEAA.danny@clifftop.net>, Danny
Horne <danny@clifftop.net> writes
>Oooohh!!  Those model numbers bring back memories!!
>
>I remember drooling over the first Commodore Pet (the one with the
>rectangular keyboard) in one of the many computer shops that were springing
>up at the time.

When my school bought its 3016 (1980?) it was a revelation.  I had seen
the big orange ICL mainframe where my dad worked, a room full of big
cabinets and whirring disks & tapes, but this was a computer on a desk!

>If anyone's interested, I've got a 2nd edition of Nick Hampshire's 'The Pet
>Revealed'

That, and Zaks' book on programming the 6502, certainly fuelled my
enthusiasm and many hours with a switch connected to the NMI line and
the MLM.

I'm still fascinated by computer schematics, and dabbling with the
hardware.  ;-)

Thankfully Google is missing many of my early postings.

Tony