Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2002 21:00:51 -0800
From:      csr6702@rit.edu
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   BSD setsockopt(2), IP_RECVTOS?

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

Hi.  I've got a question about BSD's setsockopt(2) call.  I'm porting an
application from Linux to BSD, and am running into what appears to be an
incompatibility.=20

In Linux, there is a socket option to pass the incoming TOS on packets when
using the recvmsg(2) call.  This is documented in ip(7).  This is similar to
the IP_RECVDSTADDR option under BSD, passing the message in via cmsg(3).  In
fact, under Linux, its called IP_RECVTOS.  According to the headers and the
man pages, there is no IP_RECVTOS option in FreeBSD.

So, this leaves me with the question, how can I find the TOS on an incoming
IP packet without using a RAW socket? =20

I'm hoping to implement this in a portable way, rather than having different
functionality for Linux and BSD.  Any advise/info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Chris Ruvolo

PS: please CC: me on reply.  I'm not subscribed to the list.  Thanks.

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp--