Date:      Fri, 5 Jun 1998 12:29:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Inter EtherExpress PRO/100+ or 10/100B

We are getting a new NIC for our FreeBSD NFS server (we are having
problems with a 3COM 3c905 with spontaneous reboots and NFS
timeouts on a 100baseT network).

>From the mailing list archives, it seems that the Intel EtherExpress
cards have the best driver (fxp). IS there any preference between the
PRO 100+ and the PRO 10/100B? Is one better than the other? Can they
both do autonegotiation, and full-duplex (as in does the driver work
equally well with both cards)?

I would appreciate a fast response, since we would like to get the
server stable as soon as possible.

Viren
--
Viren R. Shah
"I merely note, if you want to catch something, running after it isn't