Date:      Sun, 27 Mar 2005 13:46:11 +0100
From:      Sarunas Vancevicius <svan@redbrick.dcu.ie>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About FreeBSD and Solaris

On 01:31, Sun 27 Mar 05, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> Comparisons of FreeBSD vs. Solaris (especially version 10) would be nice
> material for freebsd-advocacy, I guess.

Few weeks ago here in uni, some people got 2 guys working on Solaris
10 to come in and give a talk.

One talk was entitled "Simply no better answer than Solaris 10",
given by Damien Farnham.  I think he is the manager for Solaris
Performance Team, Dublin, Ireland.

I did ask him something on the lines of "How does Solaris 10
compares to FreeBSD 5?".  His answer was something on the lines of
"No one asked us that yet, so I wouldn't know" (or had the same
meaning).

It would be interesting to see performance comparisons on different
platforms. As long as they aren't marketing-benchmarks...

Sarunas