Date:      Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:10:47 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   sript (Perl) test code needed (was: How to build JDK15 on AMD64 with FreeBSD?)

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 10:23:56PM -0600, Greg Lewis wrote:
> and follow the instructions.  There is one caveat on amd64 -- one of the
> build commands will fail strangely (this is a bug in the Linux emulation
> on amd64 as far as I can determine).

I know this should be trivial to do in perl and maybe someone here has the
time to hack it up.  I want a small test script (actually some other
scripting language than perl preferred).

The script should run the following commands until an error is returned:

    ls
    ls .
    ls ./
    ls ./.
    ls ././
    ls ././.
    ls ./././
    etc...

and when the error occurs print out the length of the command line.
I want to get the bottom of the "command too long" issue that causes too
much trouble deploying Java on FreeBSD/AMD64.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)