Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 2008 08:51:04 +0200
From:      "Rudi Kramer - MWEB" <rkramer@mweb.com>
To:        "Marcel Grandemange" <thavinci@thavinci.za.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: PXE/BOOTP.... etc

> Marcel Grandemange
> Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 7:39 PM
> To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Subject: PXE/BOOTP.... etc
>=20
> Im wondering if someone can assist me.
>=20
> Im looking into building a machine that will allow me to boot other
machines
> off the network and install operating systems from say iso files.
>=20
> Ive looked around and many require special images and a list of
procedures
> longer than my groceries list!
>=20
> Windows Server 2003 has something built in but is ONLY for windows and
> requires all sorts of special images.
>=20
> What I want to do is simple..
>=20
> Have a folder of my most common installed OS's in ISO form, have a BSD
box
> with pxe menu to select ISO and let it install like normal.

You could try using CF Engine, I haven't work with it personally but
I've heard good things about it and it supports quite a large list of
operating systems:

Sun3, Sun4, Ultrix, HPUX, AIX, Linux (all kinds), Solaris, OSF1, Digital
Unix, Irix4, Irix5, Irix64, Freebsd, Solarisx86, Bsd4_3, NewsOS, NetBSD,
AOS, BSDos, NextStep, Cray, GNU, NT4, Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Unix_SV,
OpenBSD, SCO Unix, Darwin, Ux4800, Qnx, and Dragonfly BSD.

http://www.cfengine.org

Rudi